Sunday, October 24, 2004

we are the same...

eversince i can walk the walk and talk the talk, i have been perceived as the wild and bad...
i like havin the crazy ideas and yes, the naughty gestures, but dont they see? its just a bit of who i really am? its not who makes me a whole... its just part and parcel of who i really am...
cant understand some folks when they start to stereotype you as "that kind of person"...
as if you dont have the right to be "good" or "quiet" or even "shy"... why is that so?...
you do them no harm and yet all they see is the tiny black dot on a piece of white paper...
im just an ordinary person like you and everyone else... im not perfect but i certainly have my wits around me... intact and yet waiting to be found...
i dont speak any differently than you do, im just someone who wants to have fun and yet...
i dont dress differently either and yet... we follow the same laws, we eat the same food, we are law abinding citizens but... sad to say, you think of me differently...
i am not anymore different than you or them... im a person, with feelings and emotions... so thread softly, my friend... and dont judge me at will, until you've known me well...

No comments: